Search This Blog

Loading...

Friday, March 12, 2010

Spanish video for toddlers or preschoolers

Spanish for Beginners: Vamos a Jugar (Let's Play), 1st Edition

 I am constantly trying to come up with more ideas for helping my children learn Spanish at home. I was recently able to view 5 Spanish videos for kids that were geared towards toddlers/ preschoolers.  The only Spanish teaching video I liked was Whistlefritz
It is a parenting media award winner and was definitely great quality. We watched "Vamos a Jugar." Here is what the Parent's Choice Foundation had to say about it, "Featuring children from infants to age 9 or so, young viewers are introduced to the names of body parts in Spanish through a combination of play, song and dance."

It kept my almost 2 year old and my 3 and a half year old engaged the whole time and we've watched it about 4 or 5 times now.  The other videos we reviewed aren't even worth mentioning.  I would definitely buy the other WhistlefritzDVD's in this series.  It seems to supplement the foreign language lessons we are doing at home quite well.


You might also want to check out this article on choosing videos for your preschooler/ toddler. 

Do you recommend any other Spanish language videos?

2 comments:

Tati said...

I agree! I think Whistlefritz is the best DVD out there. I also love Susy Dorn DVD's. She is a little weird with the red nose and all, but the kids love her and my kids learned a lot from the DVD. Susydorn.com

Elvira G. Deyamport, Ed.S. said...

I LOVE the Whistlefritz DVD series. I always use their CD for different units too. Another great series is the Salsa video series, which teaches through stories like Goldilocks and the Three Bears, Red Riding Hood, and Three Billy Goats Gruff.