Search This Blog

Loading...

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Quiero Fruta

Lesson 26 of Sonrisas Spanish Elementary Curriculum is titled "Yo Quiero"
The suggested book to go along with it is ¡Quiero mi plátano! I Want My Banana! by Mary Risk.  I have not read this book but I have read several in the "I Can Read Spanish" series and they are always a hit with my kiddos.




I did not have this book so I decided to use a video from Salsa Spanish, The Fruit Fiasco
If you are not familiar with Salsa Spanish you can check out my post here.

The Fruit Fiasco is a great little video about a mama bear that needs some apples to make an apple empanada.  Perfect for teaching the fruits in Spanish.

First I reviewed the vocabulary below:
Necesito, quiero, azucar, huevos, uvas, manzanas, bananas, naranjas, limones.

I used a puppet and picture cards of the vocabulary.  I passed out cards to each
child and then used the puppet to say necesito...3 manzanas...

Students then got a chance to "feed" the puppet. They loved this!

Next we watched the The Fruit Fiasco
As we watched I paused the video here and there to check for understanding.

After the video students completed the sheet below.  This was advanced for my 3.5 year old student but I just guided her through it.  I gave her extra help and had her count and name the fruits and name the colors with me.






Print out p. 24 for the sheet above located here.


No comments: