Search This Blog

Loading...

Monday, October 1, 2012

Spanish Days of the Week Train

My kids and my little class of 7 (ages 1-6) are loving the Spanish Days of the Week Train song.  I have to admit that I was a bit unsure of it at first but it has turned out to be an awesome resource for learning the days of the week in Spanish.  I tell my students to get their train ready. (They use their arms to pretend that they are the train's wheels.)



The first couple times we played this song I would tell them that when the train starts it is slow and it gets faster and faster so they will need to make their arms move faster and faster.  The train starts slowly as students, with the CD, chant "lunes, martes, miércoles, jueves, viernes, sábado, domingo."  Then they pretend to pull the train's whistle and say "toot toot!" or "choo choo!"  They love that part!  It gets faster and faster until the kids arms are going wild.  This would probably work best with kids 2nd grade and under.


Maybe some day Blue and Brooks will offer MP3 downloads of their songs, to be purchased of course, possibly through Amazon.  I don't know if there is a major cost involved in that or not or if there would be enough incentive for them to do that.  Until then, they do offer their Spanish songs for kids CD for just $15.  I think this is a great price for the amount of songs that you get: 29 songs!  They did a great job on this CD and I have been using it every day for my little class.

Do you need help pronouncing the days of the week in Spanish?  Try this website.

No comments: