Monday, February 11, 2013

TEESP Elementary Spanish Curriculum Review

In my post yesterday I talked about the Technology Enhanced Elementary Spanish Program (TEESP).  It is a free Spanish teaching program geared toward elementary aged students.  Today I tested out one of the lessons with my Spanish students.  I have 7 students ranging in ages 1.5-6 years old.

I did my normal warm-up songs and activities and then used TEESP level 1 lesson 4. The title of this lesson is "¿Hay una muchacha?"  The lesson was thorough and my students did well with the student page which can be found in the pdf here. We started by reviewing some of the vocabulary that would be on the video which was explained in the lesson plan on the pdf.  I had my students watch the short video and my students were able to respond (after a little encouragement) to the questions.

Overall I really liked the lesson.  From what I have seen so far it is a great curriculum and you most certainly can't beat the price.  My one and only point on the negative side is that the Spanish pronunciation on the video is sometimes not as authentic as I would like it to be.  It grates on my nerves a little bit but I know my students did not notice.   ; ) 

I included a fun Spanish monster sheet (see picture below) from Spanishkidstuff.com that allowed my students to practice their Spanish parts of the body vocabulary as well as the word "hay."   My students enjoyed coloring both pages and I always make comments or ask questions in Spanish as they are coloring.  For example I might say..."Me gusta el monstruo de Katie.  Su monstruo es azul con pelo largo."  or I might ask..."¿De que color son los ojos de tu monstruo?"

More ideas on:

Spanish parts of the body vocabulary
Elementary Spanish

No comments: